Long Lupron Protocol
2 Replies
Purpletangerine - April 25

Dr. Jacobs,

I started the long lupron protocol and then Bravelle, I am on my 4th day of stimulation, do you recommend including other medications to prevent an LH surge (Repronex etc.)? Do pregnancy results differ?

Purpletangerine - April 25

One more question...I am on my 3rd day of Bravelle (150 units) and after receiving my blood results today my estradiol was less than 10, I have 14 antral follicles. RE wants to stop the Bravelle and have repeat bloodwork on Friday. I am doing a minimal stimulation thus the 150 units of Bravelle. Will this stoping and re-starting Bravelle affect the cycle in a negative way? I am assuming that the estradiol has not risen becuase I was on lupron and the dosage of Bravelle is so low. Please advise. Thanks.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 26

I am not familiar with the stimulation protocol you are using. If you are using one of the microdose flare protocols, and you started your Lupron on the day you started your Bravelle, the Lupron should have caused your pituitary to dump all its LH and FSH into your bloood. The result should be stimulation of your ovaries to make estradiol. If you do not have an estradiol response, it is possible that your ovaries are running out of the ability to respond.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?