lining 5 mm
7 Replies
natyskef - May 27

Hi,
This is my first cycle of clomid (5 days) and Ovidrel. My RE measured 3 good eggs (18, 20, 22), she told me to have sex this weekend, but she was worried about the lining being 5 mm. I know that it has to be 8 mm at least, is there any small chance of getting pregnant this month?, also, Is there any way the lining could grow after the Ovidrel?
Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 27

The reason your endometrium is so thin is because Clomid is an anti estrogen. Estrogen effect is needed to cause the endometrium to grow. Clomid blocks estrogen effect at the cellular level.
Good luck.

natyskef - May 27

Hi, thanks so much for answer my question.
Is there any way my lining could grow after Ovidrel?
Thanks again

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 28

No. Ovidrel is hCG and is a surrogate for the LH surge. Neither makes the endometrium thicker.
Good luck.

sweetness - June 1

Hi,
I have PCOS and ttc, my last menstrual period was Apr 29, but i have always been irregular. My doc had me take femara 5mg and 75iu of Puregon shots for 5 days starting may 26, i went for an ultrasound on may 31 and had 2 very promising follicles 11.8 and 12.9. My RE said we have to make them bigger so she prescribed 200iu of puregon and 5mg of femara for 3 days. Today is supposed to be my 2nd day but i have light red blood this morning when i woke up. could it possibly be my menstruation? Can i be menstruating even while on fertility meds? also, my ultrasound yesterday showed very thin endometrium lining, cud the bleeding be menstruation or due to ovulation bec of the higher dosage of shots i got yesterday? Does this mean that our efforts to conceive this cycle is a failure and we should start again next cycle? Or could this be a sign of OHSS? I have also been taking metformin 1500mg a day with these meds.. please enlighten me, i am so confused.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 1

Femara blocks estrogen synthesis. Even though you are taking Purogon and growing follicles, no estrogen is being made to grow your endometrium. Femara is probably helpful as an adjunct to FSH stimulation, but should be discontinued before you start Purogon or any other FSH product. The fact that you are not making estrogen is the reason for thin endometrium and bleed.
Good luck.

sweetness - June 1

Thank u dr! So the reason for my bleeding is the thin endometrium due to Femara and not Puregon, am i correct? So is it best to stop taking femara and continue on w/ Puregon for the remaining 2 days that i have been asked to take them?

Is a thin endometrium lining have any connection to the effectiveness of the drugs i am taking to make me pregnant? And if i did get pregnant, would my endometrium lining get thicker naturally w/ pregnancy? If it does not, would a thin endometrium lining pose more dangers of a miscarriage?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 1

A number of publications in the professional literature provide data that the endometrium needs to be greater than 7 mm thick to establish and maintain a pregnancy. By taking Femara at the end of the stimulation, you interrupted the production of estrogen, and endometrial growth. I think this cycle is probably a bust. I think you will need to start over.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?