Light Periods
6 Replies
punkin - August 2

I have unexplained infertility. Whenever I go in for u/s the dr says my lining looks great. I have a 28-30 day cycle but the bleeding lasts one day, maybe two. Do you think this is indicative of endometriosis?
Thank you, punkin.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 3

I have no way of determining if you have endometriosis, or diagnosing your infertility, without evaluating you. I will tell you that it has been atleast 15 years since I have been unable to find an explanation for a couple's infertility, after I have completed an evaluation.
Good luck.

Aimee37 - August 3

Hi Punkin-
I have very light periods myself, lasting one to maybe two days. With Endometriosis, periods are normally heavy with bad cramping. I think if your RE was concerned they would check into it?

Lila - August 3

Dr. Jacobs
I too tend towards light periods is that indicative of a uterine lining problem? I am scheduled for a Lap, hysteroscopy, and D&C next week (cycle day 11 for me). As I understand it those procedures, being primarily done to remove either a benign tumor or a very stubborn cyst that will not go away, should also be able to give me a pretty good idea if my uterine lining is going to be a problem - is that correct?

One other question my doctors when they perform all these tests keep giving me the results back as "everything is normal and looks good". Should I be asking them for more specific answers including exact numbers etc? I do not want to be a difficult patient but I am thinking I probably should get a little more proactive band involved in understanding what all this means. Are there any specific questions I should make sure to ask after these surgeries, do they involve tests that have quantitative results? Sorry if these are stupid questions but I really am trying to figure out how to get up to speed on everything involved.

As always thank you so much for your help and expertise I really appreciate it.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 4

I have no way to adviser you, except to either accept the information your physician provides, or seek another opinion. The only way anyone can provide more or different information is to evaluate you him/herself. If you want general information, please see our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

APObrothers4Life - March 12

I been having short and light periods for the past two months what could be the cause of it? I haven't been sick and I have been feeling healthy. Should I be worried? I am 20 years old. My periods usually last 5 days and its just barely making 3 day. It makes 2 days but then it's gone Maybe it makes 3 if I am lucky. It comes on time but very light and very short. This is the first time its happened to me. Haven't gained an appetite and I haven't gained weight. I would really appreciate a response back with your thoughts . Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 12

I have no way of interpreting your periods. If you are not ovulating, your periods wil be unpredictable from the stand point of volume, duration and interval.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?