light cramping and brown spotting
7 Replies
LoLam - November 20

Hi,

I am 9 days past a 5 day transfer today, and I have been having what feels like light period cramps for the most of this last week, but I yesterday morning while on my feet at work, I started to have light brown spotting. It is intermittent, and the cramping was continuous, but very light, and hasn't come back since yesterday. Today, once again, I had light brown spotting this morning and has gone away again for now. Is there a link to me being on my feet?
Also, Brown spotting has not been uncommon for me to have 2 - 3 days before my period. Could these be signs of impending negative beta/period??

Thanks for any light you could shed on this for me!
Lola[font=Verdana][/font]

LoLam - November 20

I also wanted to add as a sidebar that I experienced cramping for a while after the transfer as well...but the nurse just told me it was my bladder .. I don't know if this would make any difference, but it felt like a lot of uterine cramping for the next 45 min or so after transfer.

Thanks,
Lola

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 21

We do not like to see uterine cramping at transefer. We worry it may interfere with implantation
Good luck.

LoLam - November 22

What do you think about spotting during the 2ww. Is it always associated with an impending period? Should I be on bedrest?

Thanks,
Lola

LoLam - November 22

My clinic told me I could do beta on Friday ..that is 12dp5dt, instead of the Monday when I was originally scheduled. Is this a good idea as well?
I think that they might be worried about spotting too and get the beta done before a full period comes.

Lola

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 23

If you have a full flow, the hCG determination is a moot point. The spotting and cramping may not be bad news.
Good luck.

LoLam - November 23

I have not spotted since yesterday...so I'm hoping that things are going well, and that my period is not coming. I'm still wondering if it is okay to do a beta tomorrow morning instead of waiting through the weekend.

Thanks!
Lola

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 24

We test at 48 hour intervals to determine if the hormone level at least doubles. If you do a test on Saturday, 25 Nov, you can test again on Monday.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?