IVF question
4 Replies
jacki - January 16

I am half way through my 2ww and this period is agnozing. Can you tell me if it's possible for me to start my cycle before my beta on Thursday OR because I am still taking progesterone and estrace that my cycle will be delayed after the test. It's so discourgaging to start your cycle before the test. I know with the IUIs this happened but I was unsure if its the same when doing IVF. Thanks for your reply.

Jackie

jacki - January 16

I would like to ask you a question re:my situation. Me and my dh have gone through 3 IUIs with clomid, several with injectables and decided to take a break and re-evaluate where we were. We decided, with the help of my MD to move forward to IVF. She has treated me on the same protocals seen from some of the top infertility clinics and only transfers day 5 blastocysts, does assisted hatching and ICSI on all of her patients. I felt really comfortable reading some of your previous postings. They were very reassuring.
But can you tell me what your perspective would be on my case. I am 39, dh is 37 and we have just had 4 blastocysts transfered on yesterday. We had 2 grade 5 extended blastocysts and 2 grade 3's. (Grade 5 being the best quality). I started out with 10 fertilized eggs and ended up with 4 of good to great qualtiy. So, based on my age factior it was recommended to transfer 4. Based on your expertise, what would you think my success would be.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 17

The estrogen and progesterone you are taking will delay menses, even if you are not pregnant.

We do not do ICSI or assisted hatching on every IVF case. Many do not need it. There is an extra charge fir ICSI in our lab. We put in only 2 blastocysts. If we only have 3 for a couple, we are willing to put in all 3, since it is not very cost effective to freeze only 1 embryo.

Good luck.

Lani - January 17

Dr. I am just curious what your standard work up of infertility tests are before going to IVF. I am 28 dh is 34. We have been ttc for 2 years. We have been working with an RE since March 05. I had 5 IUI's (3 with clomid 100mg and 2 with femara) none of htem worked. My RE said we have unexplained infertilty but the only testing that she did was HSG and SA on dh. I have not had any bloodwork or biopspies or Laps. I have an appt with a different RE tomorrow for a second opinion. I just want to make sure that since it is unexplained that we have all the testing we need to do before doing IVF.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 18

The evaluation I perform for infertilie couples, including for IVF is described in detail on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?