IVF Cycle - Follicle count
2 Replies
BabyBaba - March 14

We are going through IVF and are on 300 units of Repronex. I have been taking the medication sub-cutaneously along with 5 units of Lupron. Today is Day 6 of Repronex and Day 16 of Lupron as well as Day 8 since first day of menstural period. This morning, we went for a follicular ultrasound and blood work. The lab reported 4 follicles (1 on right and 3 on left ovary) on the ultrasound and FSH level of 777.

My question is: Do these appear to be normal and would additional follicles develop in the coming few days. As per my protocol, I am supposed to be on Repronex for 4-5 additional days. Your comments are highly appreciated.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 15

You are still early in your stimulation, so you may end up with a reasonable number of follicles. I do not measure FSH during stimulation. Your Repronex contains FSH. I follow estradiol levels as a measure of respomse.
Good luck.

BabyBaba - March 15

Dear Dr. Jacobs:
Thanks for the note. I went in for Ultrasound and blood work. The nurse reported an increase in the number of follicles as well as other follicles that were developing.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?