IVF
6 Replies
smokey16 - February 6

Hello

I have just had both my fallopian tubes clipped as I had a Hydrosalpinx I am now awaiting for IVF appointment to come our consultant estimated around March 2007.

I would like some advice on what exactly how many scans will I have at my clinic when they check for follicle growth before they collected my eggs.

Thanks ???

destinybaby - February 6

Hi Smokey16

My heart goes out to you. I am in the same position both my tubes are blocked they say its Hydrosalpinx. I am so nervous. Now I heard that you may have a good chance of getting pregnant if the tubes have been removed or clipped followed by IVF. When did you have them clipped? since i may need to do the same.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 8

The number of scans will depend on how your ovaries respond to stimulation. In all probability, you will have 5 to 6 scans.
Good luck.

smokey16 - February 9

[quote author=destinybaby link=board=5;threadid=3722;start=0#31691 date=1170793502]
Hi Smokey16

My heart goes out to you. I am in the same position both my tubes are blocked they say its Hydrosalpinx. I am so nervous. Now I heard that you may have a good chance of getting pregnant if the tubes have been removed or clipped followed by IVF. When did you have them clipped? since i may need to do the same.

I had my tubes clipped on Tuesday 30th Jan 07 under general aneasthetic.

:'([/quote]

destinybaby - February 9

Hi smokey 16,

Thanks for the reply, I am going to ask my doctor about mine being clipped as well. Did you get a LAP done to give accurate diagnosis. Sorry for the many questions.

I wish you blessings. I am here if you need to talk.

Tia

smokey16 - February 14

[quote author=destinybaby link=board=5;threadid=3722;start=0#31852 date=1171037506]
Hi smokey 16,

Thanks for the reply, I am going to ask my doctor about mine being clipped as well. Did you get a LAP done to give accurate diagnosis. Sorry for the many questions.

I wish you blessings. I am here if you need to talk.

Tia

I had a hsg to diagnose this is when they use the dye through the cervix into uterus and tubes and take xrays.

Penny[/quote]

destinybaby - February 28

Hey Smokey16

Hi how are you, just checking in to see how you are doing. Did you start your stims as yet and how is it going. I finally had my flow and did my first day 2 fsh test today appointment with RE on the 7th.

can you explain what clipped is. I am thinking they did not remove your tubes. maybe i should ask my RE if this would be good for me too.

did you have hydrosalpinx in both tubes? were they really bad? sorry for the many questions. both my tubes are hydorsalpinx one bigger than the other.

Hope you are well.

Tia
Baby Dust To All

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?