IVF
5 Replies
ana - April 26

Hello Doctor
I was diagnoised with bi lateral hydrosalpinx last oct 05 and in april 06 my doc removed my both fallopian tubes by laproscopic surgery.Last week my pathology report from this surgery shows i might have been infected with TB bacteria but my doc cannot be sure abt the results since the result was not clear.
He referred me to an infectious consultant, who wants me to go for TB treatment for 6 months, its like preventive therapy, before starting IVF .
How long i need to wait for my IVF after 6 months of treatment, can i start immediately after 6 months or do i need to wait?
We want to go as soon as possible for IVf since we r trying for more than 4 yrs.

regards
ana
I already delivered a healthy male child in 1998 with no prblems. and I'm 29 yrs right now.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 26

I have seen only 1 case of tuberculous salpingitis. It is very rare in the U. S. I can only assume that after treatment you may begin IVF. Remember, if you had tuberculosis in your tubes, it is also in your endometrium. You need to get it treated.
Good luck.

sonia - April 26

Hello,
I am going throug my first cyccle of IVF. I am very confused with all these medications mentioned.
I am doing the Long Protocol. I have been taking Metformin for over a month and started Marvelon(pill) since April 18th and will be taking it til May 5th. Then I wll be taking Suprefact(0.5ml) til the 16th. Than I will still be taking suprefact (lower dose) along with Gonal-F. Also I will be taking Ovridrel and Naprosym.
Question 1. Why is there so many products for the same treatments.
Question 2. Would you change any of the medications or my protocol.

P.S. I have what they call unexplained infertility. Been TTC for over ten years. Actively been using fertility medications for 5 years. Done over 5 IUI. Got pregnant aug/04 naturally. Had a stillbirth at 31 weeks. They did an autopsy and they revealed that there were bloodclots in the placenta. Went to a Hematologist and ran all the tests on me a saw NOTHING. My doctors still wants to put me on Heparin and aspirin when I get pregnant again.

sonia - April 26

Sorry forgot to mention im 36yrs old and husband is 37 and spermograms revealed excellent counts (60-100 million).

anu - April 26

Thanks Doctor
I need one doubt to be clarified , will this TB medicine will give any side effect later on in my IVF procedure? What will be the success rate for my age (29 right now)after TB treatment, will it become comparatively less or it may be the same after the treatment.

regards
ana

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 26

After the medication used to treat TB is gone from your body, there should be no effect on your IVF procedure. Your chance for successful IVF is very much dependent on the clinic you are using.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?