is he sterile?
2 Replies
Tara - April 20

My fiance recently told me that he thinks he is sterile because 5 years ago he ran 5 miles in his boxers during the winter --long story-- he said that when he got home, his testicles were frostnipped---and he just sat on them to get them warm again --and that they burned. Now he thinks that it made him sterile. Is this possible? He wont go to the doctor, I think he's embarrassed.

tiggerpounce418 - April 20

Tara,

Probably the only way to find out is to have a sperm analysis. It's not as bad as he might think. When my dh had his done, he did it at home and we had to have the sample returned to the lab w/in 25 min. You just drop it off and they call you later w/ the results. Maybe it varies place to place, but that's all that was involved with our situation.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 20

Fromwhat you have described, I doubt he is sterile. That does not mean there is no male factor problem. Almost half the time we see an infertile couple, there is a male factor involved. A semen analysis is a basic part of ant fertility evaluation. Please see ou rweb page at <www.texasfertility.com> for more information.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?