info about ivf
1 Replies
sloon - January 2

dr. jacobs, i was wondering if you can tell me at this moment i weigh 160 pounds but im starting atkins diet on tuesday i should be able to get down to 130 before we do ivf how much of a factor is my weight to doing ivf and does it effect the chances of it working and is it safe for me to do the atkins diet ? im trying to prepare my body for doing ivf i want to make sure my body is ready do you have any suggestions on prep. for the ivf process? thank you :-\

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 2

From my perspective, If I can adequately visualize the ovaries, using vaginal ultrasound, I can do IVF. The pelic cavity is funnel shaped, and body fat can collect just inside the boney compartment. Excess fat lining the boney cavity pushes the uterus and ovaries higher up, and away from the ultrasound probe. Unless you are very short, 160 pounds should not be too heavy for IVF. However, it may increase your risk for insulin resistance, which can cause other problems. Please see the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>, regarding poltcystic ovaries and insulin resistance.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?