Increasing Hcg declining progesterone
2 Replies
jeramos13 - October 23

I have a concern....

I am on my 16 day of embryo transfer. With my first pregnancy the results cam back with a low Hcg count of 6.1 then it gradually increased to 7.7 a few days later i was instructed by my physican to stop taking all meds in which i was taking estrace lovenox and injectible progesterone. two days later i went in for a blood test and the Hcg count had risen to 66 i was then instructed to start up my progesterone but at a lower dosage. today i went in for another blood test in which my Hcg had risen to 693 but my progesterone had dropped from a 9 to a 7 and i have been cramping and bleeding through out the day. the blood looks like clots passing thru. i am scheduled to go into the office for an ultrasound in two days. can you please share your insight with me. am i having a miscarriage? a tubal pregnancy? is there anything i can do to salvage this pregnancy?

jeramos13 - October 23

sorry i made a mistake my Hcg went from a 66 to 393 and the progesterone dropped from a 9 to 7

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 23

Either miscarriage or tubal pregnancy is a possibility, but tubal pregnancies are rare with IVF. We do want you hCG level to at least double and your progesterone to be at least 20 ng/ml. It sounds like your hCG is good, but I question the progesterone level. If you are taking 50 mg injection daily, I would expect it to be higher than what you report.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?