Implantation Failure
1 Replies
smod - February 27

Hi Dr Smith,

I am 39 yrs old and have 5 donor embroys from a 24 yr old donor which made it to 5 days blast. I had ET on 2/14/07 with 2 8cell grade and 1 7cell grade. I took EV shots two times a week, and Progesterone shots (2cc) daily. My progesterone was 106 on the 18th and then dropped to 71 on the 25th which resulted in chemical pregnancy. I find it very hard to understand that none of the embroys were implanted in my uterus. I looked back and was pregnant with my own eggs in 2005 but miscarried at 12 weeks. So I thought with the donor eggs, I will have more luck but I was wrong. I have two leftovers embroys in the freezer. I believe they are both 8 cells. I'm nervous and scared. It's going to be my last time because I cannot afford to shell out more money for donor eggs. Should I request immunology testings first before going in for the 3rd time?

Any advice or inputs would be appreciated.

Thank you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 27

If you also wish a reply from Dr. Smith, you might also submit your question to his bulletin board. The truth is, only 1/3 to 1/2 the eggs a woman makes are capable of a successsful pregnancy. One study implies it may only be 20%, even in young women. I am sorry your effort at IVF with donor did not succeed. The data I have seen published and the opinion of SART is that immunologic testing is not cost effective, unless there are defined problems that imply an immunologic problem.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?