implantation bleeding
3 Replies
sweetness - June 27

Hi,
I am on the 2ww and am supposed to be testing for pregnancy tomorrow, but i had cramping and light bleeding last night until today. it is very light and does not even require a pad. my questions are..

1. Could it be implantation bleeding?

2. if it is implantation bleeding, does this mean that i should postpone my testing for pregnancy to a later date to get a more accurate result? when is the best time to test?

3. is it true that HCG levels start to rise after implantation? could it be the reason why i haven't been feeling much pregnancy symptoms yet?

4. This is my 2nd pregnancy, i remember having sore breasts as symptoms during my 1st pregnancy, when should i start feeling sore breasts given that i might have had implantation bleeding just 2day?

please answer my questions..thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 27

1. There is probably no such thing as "implantation bleeding". It is a term created to try to explain the fact that light bleeding is not unusual , even in a normal pregnancy.

2.There is no reason to change you schedule.

3.There is probably hCG production at about the time of implatation and, in a normal pregnancy, it continues to increase.

4.All pregnancies are different, and you cannot compare symptoms in one to symptoms in another.

Good luck.

sweetness - June 28

i was aked to test today, i did and it was negative, do i take it as that and move on with starting treatments again or do i test again in a couple of days?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 28

I am sorry. Yes, since your test is negative, you do move on. It is up to you to decide if you do further treatment.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?