Implantation
1 Replies
Mercy - October 3

I getting ready to start my second ivf after unsuccessful first in Aug/Sept. I am 40 never preg, blocked tubes, polyps removed from uterus and d&c in july. Everything went "perfect" according to dr but no implantation.
Baseline E2 -22 used follistim and repronex with peak E2 -4049 13 follicles greater than 16mm
During retrieval 16 oocytes obtained...15 mature and all 15 fertilized normally used AZH transferred 4 embryos on day 3
8 cell grade B
7 cell grade B-
7 cell grade C-
6 cell grade B
the other embryos were placed in extended culture and 11 were poor quality and 2 were poor quality blastocysts so all discarded but no noticeable defects on my eggs
E2 level 4 days after transfer 1830
then 10 days later (2 weeks after transfer)\E2 -54 and not pregnant.
I did spot about 10 days after transfer but no other symptons.
We are checking my implantation bloods? to see if there is a problem but I was already taking baby aspirin and prometrium vaginally 3x a day after retrieval
My question is can you think of something else I should be doing or trying or is it "my advanced age" I am 40, healthy, thin, and dr says have plenty of eggs so wants to try using mine again before other option, ie donor egg. Thank you and sorry if too much info

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 4

According to the data published by SART, implantation rates of embryos in women ages 40 to 44 is 6.1%. That is about 1/3 the implantation rate for women in their 20's, and half the implantation rate for women in their 30's. Based on the age of your eggs, you have a far better chance for pregnancy if you use an egg donor.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?