Immature Eggs - HELP!
1 Replies
dolphinlvr11 - August 20

I need some help and insight, please! My husband and I were TTC for almost three years when our first IVF failed due to hyperstimulation, then our FET was successful resulting in a baby boy last August :)

We're back to it now. My infertility is only explained by PCOS, and I did have mild (stage one) endometriosis. Other than that, all is well. No male issues.

I did BC pills, Follistum 150, Repronex 75, and baby aspirin, then added Gannorellix. On Friday my estrogen levels were 3200 (YIKES) They took me off of the Follistum to let me coast. Saturday my numbers were 3400, but Sunday they were down to 1108. It was then on Sunday they told me to trigger for a Tuesday retrival. I had follicles, but not sure they were large enough. I had ONE 18, THREE 16's, and then some 15's, 14's, etc. I feel they should have let me go at least one more day, if not more.

Please help. My insurance only covers one more retrieval as I've already had a live birth. I feel my office should do a free cycle because as far as I'm concerned, and unless they can prove otherwise, they triggered me too early. I don't care that I have to do another cycle, (not that I'm excited about more shots, appointments, etc.). I'm more worried that I have ONE more shot. THEN WHAT? We cannot afford a cycle on our own.

Thanks in advance for your insight. What questions should I ask at my Tuesday appointment? What can I say to get them to do this next cycle (well October) on them?

THank you,

LISA

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 20

WE find that if we give hCG before day 12 of a cycle stimulation starting on day 3, we have fewer mature eggs. Please note that our stimulation protocol is different from the one you described.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?