ICSI - 12 eggs - 0 fertilized
1 Replies
lee3000 - May 28

It is very nice that we have this forum, it is invaluable for people like us.

I have fairly bad sperm, but enough to believe in ICSI, about 1 million. My wife has no problems. I am 30, she is 29.

After our first ICSI treatment we had no success.

My wife was a bit overstimulated (produced about 18 eggs, and she is not very big, 155cm), and the extraction aftermath was quite tough, probably due to the morphine. They extracted 12.

When we came back, hoping to put up some fertilized eggs, we were told that none of the eggs had developed satisfactory. They had all been abnormal and as far as I understand it, the main complication was multiple nuclei oocytes.

Now we are quite anxious whether this will happen again as treatment is quite an ordeal.

Could the reason for bad development be related to overstimulation or something else. We are surely anxious to know whether we have "incompatible" genes so to speak, that it just wont work.

What are your experiences?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 28

The production of 18 follicle big enough to retrieve eggs is not a serious hyperstimulatioin, and even if it were, that is not likely to cause multiple nucleii in the egg after ICSI. Either the eggs did not expell the second polar body, which happens rarely, or multiple sperm entered the egg. That may be a laboratory isse. We do see that rarely, but never wit more than 1 to 2 eggs.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?