I have a question for the doctor.
1 Replies
LisaF - March 28

First a little history:

Five years ago, DH and decided it was time to start a family. We tried and tried and nada. The first obgyn gave me Clomid (which made me the Wicked Witch of the North, South, East, and West) and suggested I lose some weight. I weighed 351 lbs. I was super obese. We did several clomid months and then the obgyn referred me to another guy that specializes in infertility. So we did more Clomid and trigger shots and several inseminations. My sister in law is an obgyn nurse and told me about a patient that she had. She said the woman was just like me size and age-wise. She had a 11 pound girl and also had a stroke on the operating table. She almost died and the baby did die several days later. That was a huge wake up call for me. Long story short, DH and I decided to take a year off and get the weight off. I had a gastric bypass and lost 230 pounds. I had a physical(now I weigh 141) and got the ok from the doc to start trying again. Nothing AGAIN... sooo, we did some Clomid, more triggers, then we got referred to a RE. I did 2 rounds of IVF the first one I ovulated too early because I responed too well to lupron and the second one resulted in a chemical pregnancy. and I was so sad and depressed that my little baby was not to be. We decided to take a break and in December 24th (5 weeks after deciding to break) I got a positive pregnancy test. The baby was perfect and in the right place. I was rushed to the OB and he and I started to relax when I got to my 12th week. March 9th was the 4th of my 16th week my water broke. I got a terrible infection in my uterus and my little girl, Tessa Suzanne died. We had her funeral on March 16th.
Last week I had my post partum checkup and have been told to let myself heal for a couple/3 months and we should try again. I'm going to be 40 in April and I am broken hearted. I'm scared to try but scared not to try.

I orderedOvulex. I hope it is the right thing to do.

With the chemical pregnancy, in your opinion, do you think I got pregnant because I still had antagon and stims in my system? (residual drugs) or maybe we really did do it on our own? I want to know when I might start to ovulate again? With the chemical pregnancy I "started" on Nov.21. My RE said I got pregnant around December 4th. Since I had a D&C this time and the pregnancy was much farther along will that make a difference in my ovulating? I'm going to be 40 next month and that whole AMA (advanced maternal age) thing scares me.

Sorry this is so long. I hope I gave you the right info to help you make an informed guess since I'm not your patient.Also, if you need more info, please let me know. Any thing that you can add or suggest would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Lisa F

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 28

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Regardless of anything else. I have to recommen you and your husband spend some time in grief counselling. Since you are nt my patient, all I can recommend, medically, is that you return to your RE, and follow his/her protocols. Also understand that at the age of 40, your chances are not as good as at the age of 30. You may be better using an egg donor.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?