Hypothryoid
3 Replies
mrgn - October 25

I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroid for the last 2 years and was on the Levoxyl from .25 to .50. Since I switched to a new doctor, he took me off the pill and my TSH was 3. I went ahead and did the 3rd IVF. On the day of Beta Day, I requested at the last minute to have TSH drawn because I was concerned about my thyroid. The result for HCG was Negative and TSH was 5. He asked me to go back on the medication at .25. Now here are my questions:

1) What is the normal value for TSH that you would like to see in a patient who is trying to conceive?

2) Would you recommend a patient to stay on RX while going through IVF?

3) Can Hypothryoid have an affect on implantation?

I appreciate to hear your inputs.

Thanks!
Mrgn

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 26

I may have just answered this question. I am sorry I did not do so sooner, but I have had e-mail problems.
Good luck.

Tmom - November 24

I am on Synthroid 100mcg

1) What is the normal value for TSH that you would like
to see in a patient who is trying to conceive?
My understanding - def below 2.

2) Would you recommend a patient to stay on RX while going through IVF?
Dont know but my understanding is YES!

3) Can Hypothryoid have an affect on implantation?
I dont think so

I

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 24

Thyroid hormone regulates the metabolism of every cell in the body. If your thyroid hormone is low, none of your cells will function quite right. In treating for hypothyroidism, the goal should be to have a normal level of thyroid hormone, while driving the thyroid stimulating hormone down to almoost measurable. And, yes, stay on your Synthroid, once the correct dose for you has been determined.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?