hydrohydrosalpingitis
2 Replies
gic6191 - May 10

:'(

I am having IVF. MY first try was sucessful but do to a lab accident my eggs died. I had my first cycle in NOv/DEC 2004 W, then Jan/Feb. In Feb 2005,we had to stop I developed hyper stimulation in my ovaries, the ovary REACHED 7.5 cm IT WAS filled with follicles and fluid ect, no blood. I was place on the pill to regulate me. March It went away but I wanted a break for one month. End of march /april noted I developed again hyperstimulation on my left side again. I waited and took the pill again for 2 months, in April we noted to size of the left ovary was this time 4cm. It is may 2005 now, I was check DURING MY mid-cycle again TODAY, WHERE IT WAS NOTED AGAIN MY LEFT OVARY IS OUT OF RANGE AGAIN. tHE DOCTORS FELL i DEVELOPED HYDROsalpingitis. sO THEY WILL NOT CONSIDER THE LEFT OVARY ANYMORE AND PROCEED WITH ANOTHER CYCLE IN MAY. i AM WORRIED.

i WANT A BABY WITH ALL MY HEART. i AM A FEMALE WHO IS MATURE AND MY CLOCK IS NEAR ITS END. i HAD TWO MYOMECTOMIES. mY HORMONES ARE NORMAL. i AM A FEMALE WHO SUFFERED FROM FIBROIDS THAT CAUSED MY PROBLEMS. iT WAS NOT DIAGNOSISED EARLIER.

mY QUESTION IS CAN i STILL HOPE WITH THE SIDE-EFFECT THAT HAPPENED TO ME. wILL i HAVE A STATISICALLY CHANCE OF CONCEIVING.? i DID PRODUCE NORMAL HEALTHY EGGS IN dEC2004. I WILL HAVE THE EGGS PROCESSED WITH HATCHING AND ICIS. i AM VERY SAD. i DID EVERYTHING CORRECT. i FEEL i WAS GIVEN TOO STRONG A DOSE OF HORMONES WHICH AGGREVIATED MY SITUATION. mY HUSBAND SPERM IS EXECELLENT.

hOW TO I HANDLE MY LEFT OVARIES. CAN i TAKE WATER PILLS TO DRAIN THE EXCESS WATER RETAINATION I AM SUFFERING FROM?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 10

Careful monitoring and management of ovarian stimulation for IVF is critical. Even when it is done just right, it does not always work. Talk to your RE about your stimulation protocol, and find out what he/she would do differently in another cycle.
Good luck.

Etel Chiantella - April 24

Dear Doctor
Hi, I had my surgery since your comment. I had 8.5 to 10cm hydro-cyst logged above my ovaries that encircled it. I did not have a cystic- ovary at all. Everyone was reading my echograms wrong. Finally my professor personal read my echo-trans vaginal, said I believe you have a water sac logged there. I did have ovarian hyperstimulation but the fluid was not in the ovaries but incased around the addomial area. My hormonal levels were all normal. I had a complete prolactin, 4 weeks cycle hormonal done etc, all the results were fine.

My surgery was very complicated. I did have a history of fibroids also. So I requested if your going in to remove the hydro-cyst ( clear fluid, no infection or abnormal cells). Furthermore, had scar tissue removed from my previous miomyticomy. This was all done under laproscopic surgery. I was very lucky. Its was 6 hours of surgery. My case was also video taped. End of the story, I was cured. Now, given this case history and I have normal periodswhere I am still ovulating, should I consider artifical insemination, or donor egg?

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?