How long for trigger shot to clear?
2 Replies
Tia - May 11

Hello,

I'm trying to determine when the HCG from a trigger shot will clear my body. I have found several online sources that say on average you should allow 1 day for every 1,000 units of hCG, and that 10,000 units is the typical dose.

In my case I did one shot of a pre-filled, sub-q Ovidrel syringe. I read the box and the insert, and the best I could come up with was that it contained 250 micrograms of HCG. That seems much lower than the "10,000 units standard dose" which makes me wonder about the unit of measure.

Unfortunately I can't figure out what any of the units are (in the online resources) so I don't what that means for my Ovidrel shot?

Can you tell me how long it will take to clear so that I may reasonably do an HPT? If I do an HPT before my beta day I don't want to test too soon for fear of a false positive from the trigger shot.

Cheers,
-Tia

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 11

The 250 micrograms of Ovidrel is roughly the equivalent of 10,000 units. The half life of hCG is about 36 hours. That means that progressively, you will clear about half the remainig hCG every 36 hours. I suggest you wait 2 weeks and 2 days after hCG to do a pregnancy test.
Good luck.

Tia - May 12

Thank you for the quick and informative response.

-Tia

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?