Hoshimoto's Disease
3 Replies
BabyDreamer - August 22

I will be doing my 3rd FET in October. My RE's normal protocol for an FET is to start low dose stims on day 5 until one mature follie has developed, then HCG shot plus antibiotics & medrol ( for 4 days ), PIO followed by transfer.

I am curious what other meds if any I should be taking in addition to the above, like should I be taking BA or Medrol? If so, how much & when should I start and stop taking it? Someone mentioned IVig, but this just too expensive which is why I am looking for other options. Any thoughts?

Thank you much,
Michelle

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 22

the protocol your RE uses is differnt from the one I use, so I do not think it is apprpriate for me to inject my thoughts into his protocol. There is no evidence that IVig provides any benefit. Dr. William Kuteh in Memphis has a study protocol to investigate the assertion that it will improve pregnancy rates. The process is expensive, and not without risk. Until it is proven to provide benefit, I do not do it.
Good luck.

BabyDreamer - August 22

So, in other words you do not know or suggest anything in addition too one's protocol when they suffer from Hypothyroidism & High Anti Thyroid Antibodies to improve implantaion?

Thanks,
Michelle

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 23

Steroids, like Medrol will probably help. I know of nothing else to be of proven benefit.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?