hopeless or just the wrong protocol?
22 Replies
sonia989 - July 3

Hi Dr Jacobs,
So, you didn't use an estrogen patch or Antagon throughout the follicular phase? Cornell U is using a new protocol that involves this and I think that is what my doctor wants to do. So, you just used Antagon alone as described?
Sonia

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 3

We got poor quality eggs and poor embryo developement. Our pregnancy rates went down, until we went back to the antagonist analog.

sonia989 - July 3

Hi,
sorry to repeat my self, but i just want to confirm: you only used antagon when the follicles got to 14mm and you did not use estrogen patch in the previous cycle?

Sonia

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 4

We started the antagonist when lead follicles were at least 14 mm in mean diameter.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 4

we started the antagonist when lead follicles werre at least 14 mm mean diameter.

sonia989 - October 11

Hi,
I started this thread over 1 year ago. Things turned out not to be hopeless after all.

I did my 3rd IVF starting with the estraderm patch in the cycle before stims, which synchronized follicular growth. 5 days of FSH only for stims, then FSH+ LH for 3 days, + Antagon at the end.

At my request, small follicles were not retrieved. Of the 4 large ones, 3 had mature eggs. Two fertilized and I now had a healthy, beautiful 3-month-old baby boy!

I hope this may give some hope to those going through what I went through.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 19

We stimulated ovaries with FSH and added Antigon when at least 2 follicles were at least 14 mm in mean diameter.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?