History of UTIs afer "relations" concern?
1 Replies
BekyVice - December 5

Hello! I love this site. I visit it daily for so much info.
My question is this:

Ever since I have been sexually active -- with all of the 9 partners I've had in my life -- I've experienced bladder/urinary tract infections with every time I had relations... many times rushed to the emergency room within 4 hours of having sex (urinating dark red blood by that time). Nurses would tell me that I was "allergic to sperm" and gave me an huge antibiotic and sent me on my way. This trip to the ER would happen about once every year or so; otherwise, it was something I could manage with antibiotic refills.

With my (now) husband of 4 years, I've had none of this allergic reaction... and I'm wondering if my body has built up antibodies to sperm and now I'm doomed to "reject" sperm going forward?

Very curious.... as I had a retrieval of 15 eggs, 14 fertilized with ICSI, everything good till day 3 when things went bad (when male DNA kicks in), and one made it to grade A blast, transferred, chemical pregnancy only. :'(

I never thought to mention my above history to the clinic, but wanted to hear from you if there should be any concerns with this before we spend another $30K.
Thank you thank you!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 5

It is very rare to actually have a true alergy to your husband's sperm. Even if you did, there would be no issue with IVF or ICSI.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?