HELP, multiple misscarriages
1 Replies
heather k - May 18

Dr. Jacobs,

I am just looking for someone to point me in the right direction. I wanted to give you my history and see what you make of it. I am 29 years old. I had a son almost 5 years ago (perfect pregnancy), then I had 5 misc.

1st--16weeks--pathology only--"fetus and immature placenta with areas of acute inflammation, degeneration, and hemmorage. No areas of abnormal findings"

2nd--10w--chromosomes tested showed "normal female"

3rd--20w--afp test came back high for nueral defects. Level 2 sono showed fetus with a twisted spine and no movement. I am guessing this was related to the MTHFR and the folate issue assoc. with it.

Here is were I find out I have MTHFR-hetero c677t. For next two preg. I am on B6, B12, 4mg folic acid, prenantal, 1 baby asprin per day, 40 mg lovenox per day, and prometrium until 12w.

4th misc--8w--blighted ovum--no testing done--misc. on my own.

5th misc--12w--still waiting for results of pathology and chromosome testing

My doc has mentioned trying prednisone next time. I don't know if that is with or without the lovenox. I assume they are thinking maybe there is an autoimmune prob? Hopefully they will do more testing on me. Any info on the prednisone?? Any ideas on what this poor womans body is up to??

Sorry this is such a long post. I have too much history with this! THANK YOU so very much for your time and wisdom!!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 18

I no of no data to imply that Prednisone willl provide a benefit for women with recurrent pregnancy loss. I invite you to see the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>, as to how I evaluate a couple with recurrent pregnancy loss.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?