hcg low but doubling
4 Replies
sonia989 - May 22

Hi,
One of the 2 embryos i had transfered resulted from an eggs that had been cryopreserved and i had been warned that they sometimes take longer to start to divide (it was only 1 cell at tr).

My hcg 13 days post day 2 transfer was only 35.
3 days later, it was 77, and 2 days after that it was 180. I have another test tomorrow morning (5 days since last hcg test) and am worried about having an ectopic. If my levels are around 700 or 800, is it likely ectopic? Is there any chance it is a viable pregnancy that just took late? i am 5 wks 2 days and have not had any spotting or serious cramping, just some slight cramps on and off which i hear is often normal, plus some slight pain in my right side since 4 weeks, where i have had a persistent cyst.

I am so stressed out about this.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 22

The fact that your hCG levels is encouraging.
Congratulations.

sonia989 - May 22

I got my levels today and it was 1100, up from 180 five days ago. It seems to be doubling on average every 48 hours since the 1st draw.
does the fact that it started low stillo put me at higher risk for ectopic or pther problenm, even if the doubling time is really good?

thanks for your encouragement

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 22

If you had an ectopic, you would probably not hav doubling hCG levels every 48 hours. That is what it should do in a normal pregnancy. You are probably OK.
Good luck

sonia989 - May 23

Hi,
Wow, that is very encouraging. I am so afraid of an ectopic. I have been a nervous wreck because based on my 1st level of 35 they seemed to think the prognosis was not good.

Thanks again

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?