HCG levels
5 Replies
sblanton2 - February 7

Dr. Jacobs,
I had e-mailed you previously about feeling sick and being exhausted you told me it was NOT side effects of the progesterone. I am happy to report a BFP yesterday 12 days post transfer. My number was 239.8 is that a good reading day 12? I go tomorrow for a repeat blood draw, what kind of numbers should I expect to see?

Thank You,
Sylvia Blanton

Barry Jacobs, M.D. - February 7

The pregnancy hormone, hCG, has a very broad range of normal. A single determination is not very helpful for prognosis. The level should at least double in 48 hours. If it does, you can feel reassured.
Good luck.

sblanton2 - February 9

Dr. Jacobs,
I had my second blood test today and my number went from 239 to 471 and the doctor ask me if twins run in my family. Are these readings consistent with a multiple pregnancy?

Thank you,
Sylvia

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 9

Not really. There is a very broad range of normal values for a singleton pregnancy.
Good luck.

mrspfunk - December 1

Dr. Jacobs

I had my levels checked on Monday and it was 192, then agian on thursday and it was 640 is this normal? I believe I am almost 5 weeks pregnant.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 1

All of the data I have are based on measurements at 48 hour intervals. I cannot be sure of your numbers at 72 hours, but you are probably OK.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?