Grade 1 (the best) blast transferred
3 Replies
carolcool01 - April 16

Hi:
I am 33 years old. I had my first ivf cycle, transferred 2 grade 1 blasts. HCG came back negative. Out of the 9 blasts, only one became viable and cryopreserved. Do you have an idea why these excellent blasts will deteriorate in quality suddenly? They were all in good shape on day 5, but then they headed for a steep drop.

Thank you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 16

Even perct looking blastocysts can have molecular defects. It is possble to screen for some of them, but it is an expensive procecss, and you may not have a good blastocyst to transfer.
Good luck.

carolcool01 - April 16

So having the lab successfully cultured the embryo to blastocytes stage means that the lab is doing a good job? The clinic we went to just moved to a new facility. We wonder if the lab can have an impact on the quality of the blastocysts.

So 10 out of the 11 fertilized eggs were looking good on day 5, but failed to develop later on. Do you think there is some defects of the embryos? But the % of embryos not developing is so high. Do you think doing ICSI will help?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 17

Maybe as many as 1/3 of the eggs a woman makes are capable of successful pregnancy. I have no basis for telling you there is a problem in the lab.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?