Follicle Size and Estrodiol Levels
3 Replies
liz - June 26

I started my first round Repronex on day 6 of my cycle. Today is my 6th day on the meds. I had an ultra sound this morning that showed I have one follicle on the left that is 10 and one on the right mesasuring 13. My lining is good at 9. My estrodiol came back at 127.
My questions are is this normal for my estrodiol to be so low and the follicle size to be so small? I was on Clomid in May (had many side effects) and on day 11 of that cycle my follicle was measuring 17 and my estrodiol was 190. I am just a little concerned things are not moving along the way they should.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 26

I start gonadotropins on cycle day 3. By day 6, the dominant follicle has already been "selected" and there will be little other follicle developement.
Good luck.

liz - June 26

Thank you Dr. Jacobs.
The reason my doc only started on day 6 was they did bloodwork and my body was at baseline. He felt that it was ok to start. I know that normally they begin on day 5.
In your opinion is Estrodiol at 127 low for day 11?

Thank you

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 27

Estradiol level is a reflection of the size and number of active follicles. Your estradiol of 127 pg/ml is a reflectio of only a few follicles contributing to the production. I would like to see more follicle producing the estrdiol.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?