First cycle of Follistim
1 Replies
AKM - August 1

Hi, I have posted before and thank you for your response! I started my follistim on 7/28 at 75iu x 3 days then 150iu on the fourth. I went to my RE and had an US and estrogen level done today. Both ovaries have several follies. My left has one measuring 12 as of today. My estrogen level is 646 and RE said I have 3 linings on my uterus. I am going continue follistim at a decreased dose of 100 iu for the next four days. I go back on Tuesday and have another US and estrogen level drawn.

I hope to have several follies when I trigger. When I was on clomid I routinely had 1-2 follies but never any luck with conceiving. Follistim obviously helped me produce more follies but does that mean they are better than when I was on clomid? Does a higher estrogen level mean my follies are more mature? And will the estrogen levels help prepare uterus for implantation?

I would really appreciate any input you have :)

THANKS

AKM

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 1

Unless you are taking Clomid, a follicle has to be about 17 mm in average diameter to ovulate. My goal is to get 3 to 4 that size. There are some significant problems with Clomid. If you wish to learn about them, I have provided information on our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?