First Blood Pregnancy Test...
3 Replies
BCStandridge - November 13

Dear Dr. Jacobs,

My wife and I went in and received positive blood pregnancy test this morning. It was 11dp5dt and we were told we had a 1389 HCG level. We are very excited with that figure and are curious if you think that could mean the possibility of twins? Since we are unsure exactly where the level normally would be, but understood that at this point it would typically be less, we hoped you could shed some light on it for us. I understand it is impossible to determine multiple gestation from HCG levels but any info would be nice. Thanks in advance for your help and time...

~Clint

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 14

There is a very large range of normal hCG levels. There is no way to tell whether or not you have twins, until you do an ultrasound.
Congratulations!

BCStandridge - November 16

Dr. Jacobs,

We went in for our second beta test today and my wife Niki received a HCG level of 13dp5dt = 2922. As you can see, it more then doubled in the 48 hours. Would you say that is good and in you opinion does it better our chances for twins? I realize it's impossible to determine from HCG levels alone, but should we be encouraged?

~Clint

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 16

There is no way to determine, or even estimate twins based on hCG level.
Congratulations!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?