femara and Puregon at the same time
1 Replies
sweetness - November 19

Hi dr.,
I am 27 yr old woman with PCOS trying for a 2nd baby, and i just have some confusions that you might be able to clear for me..

1. Why am i being asked to take femara 5mg and puregon at the same time on days 2-6? This is my 3rd cycle on these meds and i ovulated on all cycles, but am just wondering why most REs prescribe femara on days 3-7 and then puregon on days 7-11 but mine seem to think taking them at the same time is best.. can u please give me ur opinion on this?

2. I would also like to ask about OPKs, how come i tested negative 2 days and 1 day before a transvaginal ultrasound showed that i did ovulate? Does having PCOS or being under medications affect the results of these tests?

3. Also, does washing ryt after sex lower our chances of conceiving? Would u advise me to wait a little longer before washing? How much time is adviseable?

Thank u doctor. would await ur reply..

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 21

1 I am not familiar with a protocol using Femara and an FSH product at the same time. I have seen no data comparing that protocol with the one of sequential use.

2 If you took hCG, it might cause a false positive OPK. I do not know of anything that would produce a false negative.

3 It does not hurt to bathe and otherwise wash. I am sure everyone appreciates it.

Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?