failed ivf cycle
1 Replies
dumpty - March 16

hi there, my name is esther, and i just had a failed ivf cycle, i am finding this very hard to deal with. i had 2 embryos transferred on th 14th of feb..then i had the first pregnancy test on the 28th of feb, the innitial test was positive, but as required i had to have anothe test 48 hours later to make sure the LH levels were increasing but unfortunately they started dropping and i finally had a very painful period. does anyone know why this happened...i find tis very painful because i know that at one point i did get pregnant...pls help

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 17

You experienced what is called a biochemical pregnancy. I think the best way to describe it is a very early miscarriage. There are a great many variables in the entire process of becoming pregnant, whether naturally or with IVF. We do not yet know all of the factors involved. We do know that only 20% to 30% of women's eggs are capable of successful pregnancy. Not all sperm will produce a successful pregnancy, even if they do fertilize eggs. I am sorry for your loss, but there will probably never be a complte explanation as to why.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?