failed IUIs
1 Replies
QBB - November 2

I am begining my 3rd IUI cycle on Saturday. The 1st cycle I was started on follistim at 150 IUs for 5 days then 300 then 400 my blood levels never got above 300 and i only had 1 follicle at 18 when i triggered. 2nd cycle i wsas on 600 IUs per day and got to 348 blood levels but did have 3 follicles at 18/19 and 20 when i triggered. The trigger was ovidril at 500 but my blood levels were only at 1.6 so they gave me some other shot that was "stronger" and they got up to 2.3 thenthey did the IUI (DH swimmeres were at 135 million and 94% motility). This IUI was ona Friday and then we did another one on Saturday (back to back). On tuesday my progestersone was 22.44 (good right?) Well my peroid came today! I am over 300 lbs and will be 43 next month. (I had gastric bypass 3 years ago and lost 135 lbs). What can i do to make the IUI more sucessful? Should I be on other medication? Should we jsut go to IVF? What are my chances with that? The only thing they found wrong with me was a fibroid attahed to the lining that was the size of a golf ball (my RE said that was not a problem) and he removed it. So the lining is smoth, the eggs are there nd my DH swimmers are fine. What is going wrong? What can we do?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 2

You certainly have a list of issues. One of them is that you are 43 years old, not 33. The embryo implantation rate in women 40 to 44 years old is 6.1%. You will be better served using donor egg.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?