estrogen levels
5 Replies
Mbre - October 26

hi Dr. J

I came in on day 3 of my cycle to test my levels. Like is stated before FSH 6, Est-90 and progestrone .2 and LH 2.

Question
Prior to my beta day I was taking estridal pills and after my negative beta my RE said to continue to take it. So could me estrogen level be that high becasue of that?

Also when i did an u/s he saw a cyst in my right ovary and "no activity" in my left. From this info would you declare me having "poor ovarian reserve?

I had 2 failed cycles, but I believe it is due to the amount of pain I have to endure during my transfer (narrow cervix)

I am going to give my RE anotehr shot. I wanted to know if this doesnt work, how would someone like me who lives in NYC get on a protocol with your clinic in Albany? How would it work? I would have to travel every other day for a beta?

Please if you can answer my questions to the best of your ability? I asked you about SIRM but funny thing I cannot find anyhthing on them as far as statistical rates.

Thanks Dr. J

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 26

If you do not have greater than 4 visible follicles on each ovary, you probably have poor ovarian reserve, even though your FSH is OK. Your estrogen level is a little high. We do see that when ovaries are starting to run out of eggs, and, apparently, that helps suppress FSH.
Good luck.

Mbre - October 27

Thanks Dr. J

OK, well last month prior to starting the cycle I had 4 follicles on the left and 4 on the right on day 3 of a u/s, with normal blood. Is it possible the very large cyst cause the follicules from developing? I just dont undedrstand it cnahged drastically from being viewed as normal to low?

Also If I do have "low ovarian reserve", what protocl would you recommend? And what are the succes in these rates?

I am 27 years old 2 failed IVF attemps. One on goanl/repronex 6 days. I produced 5 eggs 4 were retrived amd 3 fertilised 2 madre it to blast.
2nd IVF was on clomid 50 mg 7 days, I made 2 big follies failed IVF.

1. What protocol would you use for a low ovarian reserve? What are tje success rates?

2. What would you do with some1 with a very narrow cervix?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 27

Most women under the age of 30 do not have low ovarian reserve, but it is certainly possible. For my patients who are poor responders to stimulation, I use a micro-dose flare protocol. Before I start an IVF cycle on a patient with a stenotic cervix, I dilate the cervix while the patient is anesthetised. Only once did the cervix not remain open enough to pass an embryo transfer catheter.
Good luck.

Mbre - October 29

Also Dr J, was it possible my estrogen level was slighlty higer because I had a large cysy in my right ovary?

FDH-6
Prgesterpne .2
LH 2
Estrogen 90

Thanks
Mbre,

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 29

eh cyst may have been producing estrogen, but I would expect it to also be producing progesterone, if it were hormonally active.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?