estrogen Level Day 6 of Stims
16 Replies
Petra222 - December 7

Hello,

Today is my 6th day of stims and my E2 level was 204, it was 40 on Day 3....I have 6-7 follicles and I'm on micro-dose lupron protocol at 39.

My question is am I close to the acceptable range for E2 for the 6th day? It seems as if it should be much higher at this time.

Thanks you for any help you can give.

K

lucky - December 8

Hie petra
I hope ur doing well i think am some where there is well do u know when ur transfer is,or if ur doing iui when is the trigger I have no idea of follicle size etc some information will be good thanks, i started puregon on the 4 and r going for a scan on the 13th lets see what the size is, lots of baby dust,

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 8

Your estrogen level is a little high for your stage of the stimulation, and your RE may want to slow your stimulation a little.
Good luck.

Petra222 - December 8

Thank you Dr. Jacobs,

My RE was very concerned that it was too low and he talked of canceling my IVF cycle. He said at Day 3 it should be 200 and I was only at 40. He said around day 6 I should be 600-800??

This does not sound like he is correct then if you think at day 6 204 is high.

Any additional help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 8

Our terminology may be different. I start stimulation on day 3 of a cycle. At that time, I want the estradiol to be below 75 pg/ml. On day 6 of the cycle, I expect it to be about 400 to 500 pg/ml.
Good luck.

Petra222 - December 9

Thanks for responding!

Should I be concerned, or is it possible my levels could catch up by Monday, my next appointment?

Thanks again

Petra

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 9

`It is possible that you will have growth spurt of follicles, and a significant rise of estrogen.
Good luck.

Petra222 - December 10

Thank you Dr. Jacobs for your reply.

Today is day 9 for me and I had 8 follicles, 5 growing and 3 trying to catch up. Dr. thinks with my low ovarian response this is the best I would respond, marginal as he called it, but still ok to go through with cycle.

Just a general question, how many follicles do you like to see for retrieval and is it possible that the 3 may catch up by Friday. I have my last day of meds Wednesday.

Thanks!

Petra

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 11

Ideally, I like to get 10 to 12 eggs. Sometimes I have to be satisfied with only 4 to 6.
Good luck.

PositiveThoughts - April 24

Hi K,

Today is my 5th day of stims (my Cycle Day 7)and my E2 level was 303. I would also like to know if that is good or bad. Maybe we can compare notes. My E2 was what they called "nice and low" at 32 on my Cycle Day 2 when I began.
This is my first IVF. I'm 40 years old and am on an "OC microdose protocol", though I don't know exactly what that means. The doctor believes that I have low egg reserve as my Fsh was high at first test.
I have 2 very small follicles on one side and as I peered over at the US screen this morning saw the tech/nurse measure about 7 on the other side. I think that they were about 1.8mm in size.
Please let me know if you learn any more about the desired levels and I will do the same. I go in Sunday for another USS and E2 and will ask.
Best to you!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 24

Actually, that is a little on the high side, if you are cycle day 6. Your RE may wish to slow you down a little over the next few days. If you are day 9, with FSH starting on day 3, you are probably about right.
Good luck.

Thank you, Dr. Jacobs. What size should the follicles be at this point (my Cycle Day 6), day 5 of stimulation with 20u Lupron, 75ml Menopur mixed into 150u Follistim?

If you don't mind, what does 'pg/ml' mean as in, "levels should be 100+pg/ml"? Or, "250-350 pg/ml per mature follicle"?
It's very kind of you to take the time...

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 25

Picogram (pg) is a unit of weight. It is a very tiny amount. Lilliliter (ml) is a unit of volume of fluid. One ml is about 1/5 of a teaspoon. Therefore, pg/ml is a concentration. In this case how muce estradiol is present in an ml of serum.

PositiveThoughts - April 26

Today is my Cycle Day 8, Day 7 of stims. My E2 was 904 this morning and the follicles are growing: 2 on the left are small (15mm) but the ones on the right may be what we focus on: 4 are between 13.5 and 18mm each, and another small one. I hope that I have enough mature follicles for Retrieval Day. I just read that my doc wants at least 4 to go forward. Isn't it reasonable to try with any number? We're painfully 100% self pay, but I'm 40. Thanks!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 26

WE can get mature eggs out of medium sized follicles. Your biggest issue is that you are not 30, any more. Since I am old enough to be your father, I think you are young, but your eggs are not. Pregnancy rates drop after the age of 40 , while miscarriage rates go up, and risk of a live born with the wrong number of chromosomes goes up. Hopefully you will be successful withthis cycle. If not, you may wish to consider using an egg donor.
Good luck.

Manzo921q - November 22

Hi. I'm on day 6 of stims and my e2 was 148. I had 5 follicles. Is that good or bad sign?

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?