endometrial lining
4 Replies
venus - August 21

I am 37 and had the FSH3 test, ultrasound, and HSG. My doctor says everything looks normal and good.

But reading here on the boards is see that the endometrial lining is not ideal at 7.1 and should be at 8. He took the ultasound right before my HSG (and I think that was 5 days after my cycle started). Should I be worried about 7.1? Thanks sooo much.

Also, my FSH 7.26 and Estardiol 26 pg/ml. Does that measure just the quanitity of the eggs? or does it also measure quality.

Thanks so much...these types of forums are life savers!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 22

The endometrium should be greater than 7 mm thick on the day of ovulation. It will be thinner earlier in the cycle.As far as your FSH and estradiol, you probably have adequate ovarian reserve.
Good luck.

joy - September 6

if clomid makes thin endo metial linning than which fertility drug does not?????????

or else what should be taken with clomid to make the linning thicker????????

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 6

Clomid is a very old drug, and causes a number of side effects, like thin endometrium. I have not prescribed it in 15 years. There are much better medications on the market, and none of them will cause a thin endometrium at mid cycle, when used properly for ovulation induction.
Good luck.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 7

Femara is probably going to be a very good product. Usually, I use 1 of the products which is the pituitary hormone FSH. It is highly unlikely your OB is trained to use thise products. If you do not know what you are doing, and are not very careful, they are risky.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?