Embryo Toxicity/Progesterone suppositories vs increased progesterone shots
1 Replies
brenda - March 27

Hi Dr. Jacobs
I have read the information on this site regarding embryo toxicity. I tested positive for this in a prior cycle, however on the subsequent cycle I was given progesterone shots.
Please explain if there is any difference between shots and suppostitories for over coming embryo toxicity. Do the shots put the progesterone more in the blood and not directly at the uterus.
Is there a difference in efficacy progesterone therapy in regards to shots versus suppositories or do both therapies provide the same amount of progesterone to suppress the immune system?
thanks in advance for your assistance.
Brenda

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 27

The concept of embryo toxicity as an immune issue is an hyptothesis which is really nit proven. At least the results have not been reproduced by any other investigators. Actually. for progesterone to act like cortisol, or a related steriod, you would need far more than you are receiving as supplementation in any protocol I know. You are correct that progesterone injections provide a higher blood level than vaginal progesterone. Vaginal progesterone does provide excellent levels in the endometrium, where you want it.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?