EMbryo Quality
37 Replies
B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 4

Usually, if there are reasonable sperm available, we can achieve a pregnancy with ICSI. It is not 100%. Generally speaking, if a treatment protocol does not work in 3 to 4 treatment cycles, it will not. As far as changing clinics, you have to be comfortable with the clinic where you are receiving care.
Good luck.

dees - March 5

Hello Doctor,

What do you think the chances are of having success from transferring a day 5 embryo that was 10 cell ?

Thank you very much

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 6

By day 5 after fertilization, an embryo should be a blastocyst, or at least a morula, the stage just before blastocyst. An embryo which has only 10 cells on day 5 is probably not a good embryo.
Good luck.

dees - March 6

Thanks Doctor.

If a pregnancy did result from this embryo, would there be abnormalities with the fetus ?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 7

It is not likely that there will be a pregnancy. Beyond that, I dso not know.
Good luck.

dees - March 14

Thanks for your honest and informed answers. I really appreciate that all of us ladies and gents can rely on that.

I would like to know if, or how we can improve our embryo quality in any subsequent cycles, if our embryos, after ICSI deteriorated after day three. Also what do you think od DHEA ? Does it improve egg quality ?

Thanks very much.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 14

DHEA is a pre-hormone, and your are making lots of it. DHEA does not do much, if anything, itself. It is converted to active hormones after several steps. There really is no reliable scientific evidence that DHEA supplement provides benefit of any kind.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?