egg quality?
1 Replies
Jeemy - November 15

Hi,
I am 22 years old.FSH= 10.4 . AFC = 22
We did 2 ivf/icsi for male factor(low count, low motiliy and 0% morphology). The fertilization rate was a little less than 50 %. I did not get pregnant. My embryos had thick zona on day 3. some had no fragmentation while some had less than 10% fragmentation. Some of them were grade one(no fragmentation, perfect) , while some were grade2 had less than 10% fragmentation and were very close to being perfect looking.
First ivf= 15 eggs retrieved , Estrogen = 5778
Stimmed 10 days and given Hcg on day 12. not coasted.
2nd Ivf = 19 eggs retrieved, Estrogen = 5129 3 blastocyst and were frozen, microdose lupron, bravelle = 350 iu
I was overstimmulated during my2nd ivf and was not coasted , HCG on day 8, stim 7 days( had 3 irregular cytoplasm dark eggs), no balstocysts, microdose lupron, gonal F and menupur mix doses, upto 375 and 275 and 225
Do you think by the data I gave here, I have an egg quality issue?
Do you think freezing eggs at my age would be sensible so that I don't have problem later on.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 15

There is no way for me to know. We find that if hCG is given before da 10 or 11, the eggs are not quite mature. Also, we almost always transfer blastocysts on day 5 to 6. Wit ICSI we also do "assisted hatching" of the embryos.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?