egg appearnace
5 Replies
Jeemy - November 12

Hi,
I wanted to know that my egg retrieved 15 in the first had excellent appearnace while in my second ivf egg retrieved 19, out of thse 19 eggs 3 were dark grainy cytoplasmed and immature.
I was overstimmulated and given more fsh and lh than needed in the second ivf and stimmed only 7 days , could this have any effect on the appearance on my eggs or were they genetically that way. also in my first ivf I stimmed for 11 days and the follicle getting big was a gradual process, while in second ivf I was ready and triggered hcg on day 8th day. does appearnace of eggs has anythin gto do with stim protocolor is it genetics?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 12

We have observed that giving hCG prio to day 10 or 11 produces immature eggs. Your genetics does not seem to play a role there.
Good luck.

Jeemy - November 12

But what about dark, grainy cytoplasm in 3 eggs out of 19? is is genetics or protocol?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 12

It is possible those eggs are bad. Only 30% to 35% of the eggs a woman makes are capable of a successful pregnancy.
Good luck.

Jeemy - November 13

okay, so you mean it is possible that they are genetically bad. which is normal because all the womens egg are not good, only 30 to 35 % are.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 13

That is correct. I have no way of knowing the reason for those eggs having a less than optimal appearance. We get the occassional dark grainy egg, too.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?