Early Ovulation?
1 Replies
emilyh - August 24

Hi!

I was wondering... I have been ttc for about three months, last month the day before my menstrual cycle I started taking Ovulex and Geritol, my cycle lasted two days longer than usual and I had cramps, something i never get.

Ovulation wasn't due until next Wed. but I started noticing EWCM yesterday and the day before which I know isn't onclusive but does often precede ovulation. So yesterday morning I took a test from my Ovulation predictor kit and it was positive for my LH surge, then around one in the afternoon the EWCM quit and when i took a test that evening for Ovulation it was negative.

Is it possible that I ovulated?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 25

It is possible you ovulated, but neither of the observations you conducted proves you ovulated. The cervical mucus is a result of high estrogen levels, but not ovulation. The LH surge does not necessarily mean you ovulated. An LH surge before the follicle is big enough is more likely to produce a cyst which secretes progesterone. Progesterone will thicken the cervical mucus. For more information, I invite you to see our web page <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?