early ovulation
6 Replies
allegonda - October 1

Dr Jacobs,
I have noticed I tend to normally ovulate on day 8 or 9 , would my endometrium have had enough time to prepare for a pregnancy?

Thank you for your advice

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 1

If you are determining "ovulation" with an ovulation predictor kit, you may not be ovulating. You may have a premature LH surge, and the follicle turns into a cyst, which secretes progesterone. If you are actually releasing the egg, it may be premature and will not fertilize. We learned this bit of information from seeing the eggs at IVF. As far as your endometrium, it may be thick enough. It has to be greater than 7 mm thick.
Good luck.

allegonda - October 2

Hello Dr Jacobs,
Thank you for taking the time to answer my email message.

riverprincess - October 20

Dr. Jacobs..

following up to your response....I think I tend to Ovulate early...or have a premature LH surge. How do I know if it is jsut a premature surge or actual ovulation? My temp always rises so I assumed that i was ovulating. I have never gotten pregnant though.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 21

There are only 2 ways to document ovulation. One is pregnancy. The pther is to first document a preovulatory size follicle with ultrasound, and then, document that is gone.
Good luck.

Laura Smith - April 10

Hi.
I track my temperature daily and my temps are indicating that I ovulate around CD10. Can this potentially be a problem. I was able to get pregnant earlier in the year it resulted in miscarriage...could the two be connected? Its it possible that my temp goes up and I ovulate AFTER that? If I do ovulate early are all of my eggs premature and will never implant? What can be done? Please help I'm worried I may have a problem.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 10

Yourbasal temperature graphing does not assure ovulation. If you are ovulatiing, your eggs are not mature. The better probability is that you are going through the hormonal changes of ovulation without releaseing the egg. The follicle turns into a cyst, which secretes progesterone. For more information, please see our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?