Does No lab embryos reaching blast = no pregnancy from day 3 transfer?
3 Replies
angell1052 - August 2

Age 30, Pcos
info from embryology report
I had 32 eggs retrieved
26 fertilized
2 were transfered day 3
cryopreserved: 0
Discarded 30
Total: 32

If I understood this correctly, I didn't have any of my embryos reach blastocyst? Is that very common for that number of embryos to not reach blast?
Also, If my embryology report shows that none reached blast, is that an early indication for me that my day 3 transfer that was done seven days ago will not result in a pregnancy? :'(

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 3

I have no way of providing a meaninful answer to your question. Truly, women with PCO tend to have lesser quality eggs. I do not know if there is a lab issue. We routinely grow blastocyysts. Please discuss your issues with your RE.
Good luck.

angell1052 - August 9

From the information that i've been given my eggs were of decent quality a couple of 8 b's and alot of 7 b's that made up the majority of the eggs, with one or two each 9 b's and 6 bs. So with my eggs being of pretty well quality I asked how often the lab has eggs that reach blast. I was told 2 people out of ten may have something reach blast, and that it wasn't uncommon to have none blast at all, because some just do better in the body as opposed to the lab. So I just wanted to get your opinion on that as you said you routinely grow blastocysts. Is different culture media used in different labs or is it pretty standard?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 9

Close to half the day 3 embryos in our lab reach blastocyst.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?