Do you think that one can still have a healthy baby if partner smokes pot?
1 Replies
Kalyani - January 7

And also takes migraine medicine? My partner smokes pot every day and takes a migraine medicine that has codeine in it. He suffers from horrible migraines and probably takes about 10 capsules a week. Would you think this might have an effect on his sperm and his ability to have a healthy baby?

I have had his sperm tested and an RE that I was working with thought it was fine.

I have gotten pregnant with him 3 times but they have ended in miscarriage. I am also over 40 now and of course I have been given the "old egg" speech. Though I have to say that I know MANY women who are getting prg in their 40's and having healthy babies.

I just want to know if I should not worry about all of this and continue to work on getting prg with this partner. Or do you think I am wasting my time and should move on to donor sperm from someone who doesn't take any drugs?

thanks in advance for your help!
kalyani

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 7

I have no data, at hand, to confirm or refute the possibility that your partner's pot smoking has caused your miscarriages. It is still a dangerous drug, as well as being illegal. There is plenty of evidence to support that statement. He should stop. Regardless of the fact that women over the age of 40 occassionally have healthy babies, the odds are poor and get worse with each year after 40. Pay close attietion to the "old egg" information you have been given.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?