Diet for Improved IVF cycle?
1 Replies
teacher-ttc - August 22

We are preparing to start a second IVF cycle in Oct/Nov. Our first cycle resulted in a chemicial pregnancy. The RE said it could be due to egg quality, but wasn't set on that result. I have PCO like ovaries, no insulin problems (3.5), pretty reuglar periods, etc. I do not take any medications for PCOS....BAF is usually between 10-20 per ovary. Acupuncture seems to have helped with the BAF counts.......anyway, I would like to do everything NATURALLY possible in the upcoming months to helpi improve egg quality. Aer there specific foods and/or suppliments taht would help overall? I have been eating more protein and less carbs and sweets for the past six weeks....

The only change I am aware of to my upcoming protocal is having our embryos in the triple inculbator for the entire duration in the lab.

I appreciate any suggestions or advice you may have. Thanks again,
Teacher-ttc
p.s. sorry for the spelling errors, the computer will not let me make any corrections! ???

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 22

There are no diets for improvinf IVF pregnancy rates. The vast majority of women who are have polycystic ovaries are insulin resistant. Unfortunately the commercial labs are cutting corners, so it is difficult to get a reliable insulin assay. We do have evidence that women who have PCO have a lower risk of miscarriage if they are taking Glucophage (metformin).
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?