Day 3 Transfer
1 Replies
cdad0207 - August 7

I am just curious on your position of a day 3 transfer. I had 10 mature eggs, 9 fertilized. The grading results were as follows:

A - 0
B - 2
C - 4
D - 3

They chose to transfer on day 3, (transferred one grade 2 and one that had deteriorated to a grade 3 - total of two transferred) which bothered me after reading different books, websites etc. When I questioned my clinic about it, they said that they only go to a day 5 transfer when/if they cannot tell who the "leader" is. Which in my case, they say was clear, and wanted to get the zygots back in my body asap. Do you think it was because they were deteriorating? Do you agree that it was the right decision? I feel insecure now because I still don't understand not waiting for a blast, and I guess I just don't have much "hope" for a day 3 transfer. Any insight would be great.

Thanks - Amandah ???

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 7

I really cannot second guess the decisions of the program you are using. We almost exclusively transfer blastocysts on day 5 to 6. If the embryos ar not great, we will occassionally do a day 3 transfer.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?