Cysts - Femara
1 Replies
MaggieB - January 28

I know you are not a fan of Letrozole..still, with that being said I have two questions that are cyst related.

I took Femara / Letrozole for 3 days in November - no pregnancy. A post coital revealed CM problems.

In December I did not take any meds but did see an LH surge and had my first IUI which was not successful.

Today I had an ovary check that revealed a cyst on my left ovary. I have three questions..

1) When they say "left ovary" is that my left or theirs?My right side has been feeling strange for the last few weeks and I just assumed it was ovulation or PMS. Looking at me it would be on their left..

2) Is it possible that the IUI didn't work because I might've deleveloped a cyst from the prior cycle of meds? If this is the case, why did I see an LH surge?

3) The recommendation is to take BC for 8 days and then have another ovary check. What are your thoughts?

First cyst that I know of...pretty scared :-[

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 29

Cysts come and go on ovaries. That is what they do. without knowing the size of cysts, or when in the cycle they were observed, I cannot make any comment about them. Even if they are not part of perfectly normal physiology, 98% of ovarian cysts in reproductive age women go away without any treatment. Short of a surgical procedure, nothing makes them go away faster. As far as Femara, I think it has real potential. Unfortunately, there has been concerned expressed about an increased risk of birth defects. Until that issue is resolved, I am not eager to prescribe it.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?