Cyst at suppression check
2 Replies
JudyY - October 16

Hi Dr.

I went in for my suppression check today and was told to stay on BCP's due to a cyst found on my left ovary. I was cancelled in August due to a dominant follicle on my left side. I started BCP's 2 weeks ago and now I have a cyst. I was told to stay on BCP's and that the clinic would call me tomorrow for next steps. Where do these cysts come from? Could it be the dominant follicle I had in August? I am very anxious to start stimulation but cannot until this goes away, the Dr told me if we did it now the left ovary may not respond to stims. Will it diminish on its own and if so how long will it take? If not then what is the procedure to get rid of it?

Thanks - Judy

JudyY - October 18

Dr. my ?? was answered by my clinic. The only question I have is aspirating normal protocal? It seems like a quick option to avoid waiting to see if it goes away.

I have an apt to aspirate my cyst tomorrow morning. This means I will be starting stims on Friday. I am pretty lucky that the clinics schedule is booked with PGD cases so they were not able to coordinate having me wait another week for the cyst to go away on its own.

Judy

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 20

I do offer my patients the option of cyst aspiration. It is a valid option.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?