Cyst aspiration & E2 Levels
7 Replies
tatty - July 24

Hi,

I am currently on CD6 and have had 3 cysts(largest was 40mm) aspirated from one ovary today. My E2 level on CD2 was 249 obviously due to the cysts.

My consultant wants me to start on stimms as soon as my E2 level falls bellow 50. Do you know how long it should take to fall now my cysts are gone?

Will cyst aspiration effect the amount of follicles I will get?

I was supposed to start stimms on CD3 but obviously couldn't due to the cysts, will starting the stimms late be detrimental to this cycle?

Many thanks for your help.

Tatty

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 24

The cysts, themselves may interfere with follicle developement. It is hard to know how long it will take for your estrogen level to fall. It will depend on a number of factors, including whether your ovaries are being stimulated by your pituitary gland and if there are still active cells lining those cysts.
Good luck.

tatty - July 27

Hi,

My E2 levels are now rising !. Yesterday my level was 411 & the day before that it was 314.

Is there any hope for this cycle ?

I have been told to continue with the Lucrin d/r drug until Monday and then retest.

This is so so frustrating...

Thanks for your help,

Tatty

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 27

I do not wish to second guess your RE, but I doubt that this cycle will be productive.
Good luck.

tatty - July 28

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

If I were your patient how would you proceed from here?

Regards,

Tatty

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 28

I would keep you on birth control pills until the cyst resolved, and the estradiol level dropped below 70 pg/ml.
Good luck.

tatty - July 28

Hi,

If I stop the Lucrin downregging drugs and go on birth control pills until my Estradiol levels drop how would the cycle proceed.

I was supposed to go on stimms drugs on CD3, but couldn't because of the cyst & because my E2 level was 249. I am currently on CD10, if I switch to BCP what happens when my E2 levels drop to the correct amount. Does it matter what CD I am on?, do I then switch back to the Lucin d/r drug or proceed straight to stimms. Currently my uterine lining is less than 4mm. Or perhaps I have to wait until my next CD3 ??

Thank you so much for your advice, it is so hard to get to speak to my consultant.

Tatty

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 28

All your questions about your care really need to be addressed by your own RE. He/she has your records and is supervising your care. I can provide only general information.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?