Cyst
2 Replies
natyskef - July 6

Hello,
I had an IUI (with medication) on 06/24/06 with no luck. Today I visited my RE and she said I have a 21 mm ovarian cyst, she put me one month of birth control pills and told me that if the cyst does not go away in a month I should have it removed with surgery. On February 2006 I had an ovarian cyst and right ovary removed. So now I have only one ovary. I am so scared and tired that It is hard to explain, I do not want to lose my only ovary. Also, I am overwight and the blood work before starting treatment showed some form of ovulation but it was still low. Should I stop taking medication and just lose the extra weight and get pregnant on my own? I do not have PCOS and I am not insulin resistant. Also, I am not extremely overweight.
If I decide to loose weight and get pregnant on my own, is there any way I can get checked frequently for ovarian cysts?
Thank you and excuse me for so many questions.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 7

You should know that 97% of ovarian cysts in reproductive age women go away all by themselves in 2 menstrual cycles. I am in no hurry to operate on them. If you are significantoy over weight, and do not ovulate regularly, you may be insulin resistant, and have polycystic ovaries. For more information, please see our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

natyskef - July 7

Thanks so much for your prompt answer.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?